Monday, July 21, 2008

99 Luftballons

Lately I feel like I live in the 80's. I've been listening to 80's music, scanning pictures of my parents from the 80's (as work for my mom), and wearing 80's-styled clothing. I LOVE IT. The 80's=epic win, even if it produced the scariness of this. So of course, this outfit was heavily influenced by one of my favourite decades.



Sweatshirt: American Apparel, Shorts: Forever 21, shoes: passed down from my aunt




I loooooove these sailor style shorts from F21. They're amazing. And not to mention cheap. The AA sweatshirt is totally reminiscent of the 80's style because of its brightness and bagginess, and its comfy sort of vibe. My heels are actually from the 80's. I found them in a box underneath my bed, and my mom thinks they were from either her or her sister's wedding. I love the heels, but I suck at walking in them so I don't know if I'm going to try that again anytime soon.

Anyways, I've been having a pretty good summer. I'm working for my mom, scanning photographs as I mentioned before, and I've been hanging out with friends, mostly my boyfriend Frankie and my friend Hannah. Since I go to a boarding school most of my close friends live really far away so I can't get together with them at this time. In any case, I've been having fun.

3 comments:

Arielle said...

your shorts are really cute! and I agree. 80s style is great. I love the bright patterns

Couture Carrie said...

High waisted shorts are the way to go!!

Hannah said...

80's style is da bomb, like you. I'm listening to a lot of 80's music too.